17 May 2017

PR. CONT. v GOING TO ESO 1 AND 2



Put the verbs into the correct form. Use going to.

1.   It(rain) IS GOING TO RAIN  .
2.   They(eat)  _____________________________________  junk food.
3.   I(wear) _____________________________________   blue shoes tonight.
4.   We(not / help) _____________________________________   you.
5.   Jack(not / walk)_____________________________________   home.
6.   (cook / you)  _____________________________________  dinner?
7.   Sue(share / not) _____________________________________   her biscuits.
8.   (leave / they) _____________________________________   the house?
9.   (take part / she) _____________________________________   in the contest?
10.          I(not / spend) ________________________   my holiday abroad this year.

Choose: Present Continuous versus Going to form

1. I  _______________________  (play) bridge tonight with Tom and Ann.
   2. He _______________________    (have) an operation next week.
   3. It's very cold. I _______________________   (light) a fire.
   4. We  _______________________  (have) some friends to lunch tomorrow.
   5. My nephew_______________________    (come) to stay with me next week.
   6. We _______________________   (take) the children to the seaside this summer.
   7. I  _______________________  (read) you some of my own poems.
   8. Have you got a ticket for the big match on Saturday. No, I don't even know who_______________________    (play).
   9. The inspector _______________________   (ask) you a few questions.
   10. Mr Pitt has just phoned to say that he _______________________  (not come) back till Wednesday night.
Choose: Present Continuous versus Going to form an Will.
1. Tony ___________________  a friend tomorrow.(meet)
2. I think it___________________    soon.(snow)
3. Perhaps I ___________________New York one day.(visit)
4. What time ___________________   tomorrow?(leave/you)
5. Who ___________________   the next World Cup? (win)
6. I'm sure you___________________    the exam next week. (not fail)
7. I___________________    my parents at the week-end. (visit)
8. Don't touch that dog. It  ___________________  you. (bite)
9. They ___________________   for a meal tonight.(come)
10. Look at those clouds, it___________________ .(rain)



No comments:

Post a Comment