23 May 2017

Tips for Speaking B1 part 2


Part 2 Speaking

HOW TO :

ASK FOR SUGGESTIONS

·  What shall we do tonight? ·  Where shall we go tonight?

MAKE SUGGESTIONS

·  How about going to the cinema?

·  Why don’t we have a meal in that new restaurant?

·  We could stay in and watch a video.

·  Let’s invite some friends round for dinner.

RESPOND TO SUGGESTIONS

·  Yeah, that’s a great idea.

·  Yes, that sounds good.

·  Well, I think I’d prefer to go to a disco.

·  Yes, OK

·  All right, I agree.

DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES

·  Which do you think is best?

·  Yes, that’s possible.

·  It’s difficult to decide but …….

·  I think this is more useful because …

·  It would be better to go to the cinema because ….

ASK FOR OPINIONS

·  What do you think about that?

·  Do you agree?

·  How do you feel about that?

GIVE YOUR OPINION

·  I think/I don’t think that’s a good idea because…

·  Personally, I think that’s a terrible idea because …

·  In my opinion it would be better to stay in a hotel

because ….

AGREE AND DISAGREE

·  That’s what I think too

·  I agree.

·  I’m not sure I agree with you.

·  Yes, you’re right.

·  Well, that’s true but ….

·  I’m sorry but I don’t agree with you.

EXPRESS PREFERENCES

·  I’d rather go to a campsite

·  I’d like to stay in a youth hostel

·  I’d prefer to go to a hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment